[XeTeX] making a format file of ConTeXt using XeTeX

Charles Doherty charles.doherty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Mar 5 12:01:34 CET 2005

On 4 Mar 2005, at 13:55, Dalyoung wrote:

> Dear Jonathan and Hans,
>
> Thanks for XeTeX and the file, "syst-xtx.fmt".
> After replacing the file with the new one, I am able to make a format
> file.
> By the way, the new format file's name is also cont-en.fmt.
> I have tested some files under the new installation.

Dear Daylong,

I had upgraded as you have done some time ago and had the same problem.
I didn't have enough time to pursue it then. But now that Jonathan and
Hans have kindly given advice I also successfully created a
cont-en.fmt. I placed it in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/
where it replaced the old file there and I could process XeTeX
documents successfully but when I attempted to process  a ConTeXt
document it could not use the format. My problem is if it now has the
same name as the cont-en.fmt in Web2c where should it be placed? I use
a G4Mac OSX 10.3.8 and most recent ConTeXt. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie