[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.91 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Mar 2 23:48:00 CET 2005

On 2 Mar 2005, at 10:36 pm, Roger Hart wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2005, at 3:41 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> I've released XeTeX 0.91, at http://scripts.sil.org/xetex and through
>> i-Installer. Get it while it's fresh! ;-)
>>
>> The main new feature of this release is that it provides a mechanism
>> for line-breaking in text such as Chinese that is written without
>> word spacing. I'll update the "XeTeX notes" file and post an example
>> shortly; meanwhile anyone who wants to experiment with it can ask me
>> for a sample file.
>
> This is really fantastic news!  So many thanks for all your efforts!

You're welcome; I thought you might be pleased. :)

If you'd like to try this, just say:

	\XeTeXlinebreaklocale "zh"
	\XeTeXlinebreakskip = 0pt plus 1pt
	\XeTeXlinebreakpenalty = 100

before some Chinese text, and you should get appropriate line-breaking
behavior (no need for that active-character hack I proposed previously;
it should "just work").