[XeTeX] OpenType: script & language

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Mar 1 14:26:37 CET 2005

On 1 Mar 2005, at 9:50 PM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> Sorry for my ignorant question, but what would this actually mean?
> Would this mean that I could select different fonts for different
> languages and that a \setlanguage would automatically change the font?
> Or is language just OT internal? What does setting the language
> actually do?

I don't have any experience with this feature, but yes, it's OT
internal and it specifies which set of features you wish to have
available to use. So a unicode font might have features for Hebrew and
other features for Arabic and you use the language option to specify
which set you want. (Does this example make sense?)

Well, once I implement it, are there any volunteers for doing some very
minimal testing and giving me an example to put in the documentation?

Will