[XeTeX] Patch for maths in fontspec

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 18:10:34 CEST 2005

Le 20 juin 05 à 15:30, Will Robertson a écrit :

> On 20 Jun 2005, at 10:35 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
>
>>   \ifzf at math@package\else
>>   \fi
>
> Okay, my patch worked if you weren't using a different maths font,
> because those two lines above prevented the code from running if
> euler.sty or lucbmath.sty had taken over.
>
> If you remove those two lines from the patch (the first and last),
> then things *might* work, but then again, euler and lucbmath might
> not then behave exactly as expected.

Having tried harder, I confirm what Herb just said: accents come out
OK after removing the above two lines from the patch (except for the
error about \colon being already defined).

One *very* minor worry: that the accents will be taken always from
cmr10, even if the Euler or Lucida math fonts are used. I don't know
how this could be fixed. For Lucida, one could require lucidabr.sty
to be called before fontspec.sty, and then using \let to do something
like

\let\legacymathsencoding=\operator at encoding
\let\legacymathsdefault=\rmdefault

and then

\DeclareSymbolFont{legacymaths}{\legacymathsencoding}
{\legacymathsdefault}{m}{n}

all this before the text fonts are initialized in fontspec.sty. But
that's only for Luciuda, it's completely untested, and might be
trashed by any possible \AtBeginDocument in other packages.

Bruno