[XeTeX] XeLeTeX doesn't find texmf

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jun 20 08:40:08 CEST 2005

Le 19 juin 05 à 22:18, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> my installation of XeTeX doesn't find ~\Library\texmf anymore. I
> have everything installed with the i-installer and I'm running
> TeXShop 2.03. I have no problems normal LaTeX, everything inside ~
> \Library\texmf works then.
>
> I haven't used XeTeX for a while, so this may be related to my
> upgrade to TeXShop 2.

The default path for XeTeX and XeLaTeX files has changed not long ago
(a couple of months, I think). /Library/teTeX/texmf.cnf now contains:

% XeTeX
TEXINPUTS.xelatex =            .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/
{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.xetex   =            .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/
{xetex,plain,generic,}//

which means, for example, that when in XeLaTeX ~/Library/tex/xetex/
won't be searched.

Could your problem be connected with this?

Another source of problem is that /Library/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/
texmf.cnf contains a different setting:

% XeTeX
TEXINPUTS.xelatex =    .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,latex,generic,}//
TEXINPUTS.xetex   =    .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,plain,generic,}//

I'm not sure which one takes precedence over the other.

Bruno Voisin