[XeTeX] fontspec v1.7

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jun 19 16:26:56 CEST 2005

Le 19 juin 05 à 15:16, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> On Jun 19, 2005, at 1:06 AM, Bob Kerstetter wrote:
>
>> On Jun 18, 2005, at 4:13 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
>>
>>> The documentation loads VERY slowly in Tiger's Preview.app for
>>> some reason, so it's on my list to create a stripped down version
>>> without all the different examples in different fonts.
>>
>> Thanks for your work on this. At least here, your documentation is
>> not slow at all in Preview. Running a 800 MHz iBook and Tiger 10.4.1.
>
> I forgot to mention that the documentation .pdf came up fast in
> Preview at this end. Files I generate here with XeLaTeX take a long
> time to come up in TeXShop and Preview (use the same underlying
> engine).

The fontspec documentation comes up fast here in both TeXShop and
Preview. But since migrating to Tiger that's generally not the case:
after typesetting, the preview window takes a long time to display in
TeXShop, and that's even longer for XeLaTeX compared with pdfTeX. All
this on a 1 GHz PowerBook G4 running Tiger.

Could this be connected with font caches, such that each time a font
is viewed at a new size and in a new variant (bold, italic, etc.) a
font cache has to be updated first by OS X before the corresponding
page can be displayed? This might explain why for some people
fontspec.pdf takes some time to display, while for other people it
doesn't.

Bruno Voisin