[XeTeX] fontspec v1.7

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 18 16:15:22 CEST 2005

On Jun 18, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \usepackage{euler}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{xunicode}
> \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
> \setromanfont[Numbers=Lining,Scale=1.05]{Hoefler Text}

Howdy,

RTFM! I now see that the euler package must be read in AFTER
fontspec. Then things seem to work fine. If I try to use my Lucida
Bright New Math fonts (\usepackage[expert,vargreek,lucidasmallscale]
{lucbmath}) I still run into trouble unless the \setromanfont is
after the \begin{document}; then the maths font indeed is Lucida
Bright New Math but the math alphabet is also Lucida Bright which
looks too light next to Hoeffler. That, of course, is the main
problem I have with Euler too although I think it's a bit too
``funky'' looking for my taste.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)