[XeTeX] fontspec v1.7

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sat Jun 18 11:13:12 CEST 2005

Hello,

The latest version of the fontspec package has been uploaded to CTAN.
Expect to see it there as soon as the CTAN team can make it public.

Changes:
  - There are a bunch of new options supported (mostly to do with
various Japanese/Asian fonts), with yet more examples in the
documentation.
  - Unfortunately, there have been some backwards-incompatible
changes to a couple of the font features and options, so be on the
lookout when you upgrade if you've made extensive use of such things.
Sorry about that.
  - Optical size is now supported for both OpenType and Multiple
Master fonts.
  - The bug that Bruno reported a little while ago is fixed.
  - Probably some other stuff, too!

The documentation loads VERY slowly in Tiger's Preview.app for some
reason, so it's on my list to create a stripped down version without
all the different examples in different fonts.

Problems, etc., please report here.
After any short-term problems are dealt with, I won't be updating
fontspec too much (if you couldn't tell from how long this release
took!). Further architectural changes require a fairly significant re-
write that I probably don't have time to do...and I'd like to
concentrate my extra energy towards more general MacTeX stuff if I
get the chance. I've got a roadmap, but I'll be taking a detour
before I head down it.

Good luck!

Will