[XeTeX] Fontspec 1.8 problem?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Jul 16 11:51:48 CEST 2005

Hi Will,

On 15/07/2005, at 12:37 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2005, at 10:10 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> ! LaTeX Error: Command `\colon' already defined.
>>

> %\DeclareMathSymbol{\colon}{\mathpunct}{legacymaths}{"3A}
>
> I think then that if you use fontspec (without the offending line)
> and lucbmath without amsmath then \colon might give wrong output,
> but I can't check because I don't have the lucida fonts set up
> right now.

If you really want to override the existing definition,
then isn't it a better fix to:

  \let\colon\relax
  \DeclareMathSymbol{\colon}{\mathpunct}{legacymaths}{"3A}

The first line here will fool LaTeX's checking whether the macro-name
already has an expansion.
Furthermore, it works even if there is no expansion already defined.

> So I'll silently update fontspec at CTAN, but it's probably easier
> for you guys just to delete that line manually.
>
> Sorry for the hassle,

Hope this helps,

     Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au