[XeTeX] Fontspec 1.8 problem?

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Jul 15 04:37:30 CEST 2005

On 12 Jul 2005, at 10:10 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> ! LaTeX Error: Command `\colon' already defined.
>
> error with fontspec 1.8 & xunicode 0.5

Hi Herb,

Sorry for not getting back to you quickly.
How did I miss that? Silly me.

For the fix that I'm sending into CTAN, I'm just removing the
offending line: (Stephen was correct in his analysis)

%\DeclareMathSymbol{\colon}{\mathpunct}{legacymaths}{"3A}

I think then that if you use fontspec (without the offending line)
and lucbmath without amsmath then \colon might give wrong output, but
I can't check because I don't have the lucida fonts set up right now.

So I'll silently update fontspec at CTAN, but it's probably easier
for you guys just to delete that line manually.

Sorry for the hassle,

Will