[XeTeX] fontspec v1.7

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun Jul 3 20:21:05 CEST 2005

Le 3 juil. 05 à 20:03, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> I think nothing proper will come out before Unicode math fonts are
> released. Using virtual fonts with XeTeX being out of the question,
> the solution could come from the Mathematica fonts, or from the
> STIX fonts, now announced for the end of this year <http://
> www.stixfonts.org/>. But that would also require fundamental
> changes in TeX, which seems even more firmly grounded in 8- (or
> even 7-) bit world for maths than for text. Or could this come from
> ConTeXt?

Looking more closely, it seems:

- The STIX fonts are Unicode math fonts designed to be used with
Times <http://www.stixfonts.org/abt_ff.html>.

- TeX support is planned and under development <http://
www.stixfonts.org/finalsteps.html>.

- A special program is available for developers wishing to include
STIX functionality in their software <http://www.stixfonts.org/
swdev_geninfo.html>.

And it's all free!

Bruno