[XeTeX] Re: XeTeX Digest, Vol 16, Issue 3

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Jul 2 17:02:23 CEST 2005

Hi Otared,

I have been very interested in using XeTeX for Arabic script in
conTeXt. However, my attempts at doing this have all failed, mainly
because I don't understand how the XeTeX font declarations should work
inside the preamble of a conTeXt document.

So, like Musa, I would be very interested in seeing a sample document,
if you would be willing to share.

Best,

Fred Hoyt

On Jul 1, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Otared Kavian at tug.org wrote:

> Hi Musa,
>
> Yes I can use ConTeXt and XeTeX to write Arabic (actually Persian,
> but there is no difference...), thanks to the efforts of Jonathan
> Kew, Adam Lindsay and Hans Hagen.
> But I have some problems using certain fonts (namely kamran) because
> in long documents the spacing of letters and words is not correct and
> I don't know how to fix it.
> If you need any help I can give, do not hesitate to ask me.

Frederick M. Hoyt
www.livejournal.com/users/frederickhoyt