[XeTeX] Arabic prose

Bernd mlist at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 22:40:24 CEST 2005

##before reboot:

time xetex loeschen
This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.94 (Web2C 7.5.3)
entering extended mode
(./loeschen.tex [1] )
Output written on loeschen.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on loeschen.log.

real    1m16.882s
user    0m0.392s
sys     0m0.272s

##after reboot:

time xetex loeschen
This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.94 (Web2C 7.5.3)
entering extended mode
(./loeschen.tex [1] )
Output written on loeschen.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on loeschen.log.

real    0m5.067s
user    0m0.521s
sys     0m0.234s

You were right, it seems the reboot makes it better. The other document
needed 1:19 before and 0:28 after reboot. That does make a difference. I
wonder what it is though.
But when I compare my time with yours, its about five times slower. So
still no good...

Bernd.