[XeTeX] Getting lucbmath working.

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 10 17:19:14 CET 2005

Howdy,

A while back using lucbmath (Lucida New Math) suddenly started to work with
XeTeX and fontenc. You've got to have the old OS9 versions of the fonts for
XeTeX to ``see'' them. I thought it was the replacement of some broken fonts
that XeLaTeX couldn't ``find.'' Well... The answer was different!

I just had to clean and reinstall from a full backup (only one day old! But
I'm paranoid) and everything is working great. But the lucbmath wasn't
working again. This time I happened to notice that `Font Book' didn't see
those fonts. I double clicked on the screen font file and Font Book
displayed the fonts and there was a button to `install' the fonts. Once they
were installed Font Book and XeTeX saw them and all works again.
Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)