XeTeX 0.9 : \usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 23:04:24 CET 2005

Le 24 févr. 05, à 22:49, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> It turns out, after installing XeTeX 0.9, that the directory
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/xetex/ does not contain the
> required files:
>
> color.sty
> graphics.sty
> xelatex.ini
> xetex.def
> xetex.ini
> xplain.tex
>
> Hence the error message you're getting.
>
> Instead there's now in this directory the single file:
>
> unicode-letters.tex
>
> which is just a new name for xplain.tex.

This is only true when using the package XeTeX.pkg with Apple
Installer. When using the i-Package xetex.ii2 with i-Installer, you get
what's needed:

tex/xetex/config/xetex.ini
tex/xetex/unicode-letters.tex

tex/xelatex/config/xelatex.ini
tex/xelatex/graphics/color.sty
tex/xelatex/graphics/graphics.sty
tex/xelatex/graphics/xetex.def

And then your error message should disappear.

> I noticed this by making a copy of texmf.local corresponding to XeTeX
> 0.88, before installing 0.9. Generally the changes in support files
> are, directory-wise, inside texmf.local:
>
> fonts/misc -> fonts/xetex
> fonts/otf  deleted
> tex/xetex  unchanged
> xetex/perl -> scripts/perl
>
> which is all the better for TDS-compliance.

Actually the resulting structure is also different with the i-Installer
install:

- With XeTeX.pkg:

fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping -> fonts/xetex/fontmapping
fonts/otf                    deleted
tex/xetex                    unchanged
xetex/perl                   -> scripts/perl

- With xetex.ii2:

fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping unchanged
fonts/otf                    deleted
tex/xetex                    -> tex/xetex
                              -> tex/xelatex
xetex/perl                   -> scripts/xetex/perl

What should we prefer? Help!

Bruno Voisin