[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9 is available

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Feb 24 20:14:37 CET 2005

On 24 Feb 2005, at 5:55 pm, Musa Furber wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2005, at 17:08, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> After a too-long delay (with too many other things to do!), a new
>> release of XeTeX is available for those intrepid folks who'd like to
>> try it.
>>
>> Some highlights of the new release include:
>> • moved to TeXLive 2004 codebase (new Web2C and kpathsearch)
> [...]
>
> How will it work with us unfortunate folks who have not yet been able
> to upgrade to TL2004?

I haven't yet tried installing it on top of Gerben's TL2003 package,
but if I can find the time I'll give it a try. I don't think there's
any basic reason the programs would be incompatible, but it's possible
that things won't all install into exactly the right places without
some extra fiddling.

Anyone brave enough to experiment and give us a report? :-)