[XeTeX] Tibetan fonts and XeTex

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Thu Feb 24 14:19:43 CET 2005

On 24 Feb 2005, at 9:38 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> \font\tibfont="Tibetan Machine Uni:script=tibt;+abvs;+blws" at 12pt
>
> (Not sure if it's possible to set arbitrary features like this through
> the fontspec package. Will?)

Yes!

    \newfontfeature{AssortedTibetanFeatures}{script=tibt;+abvs;+blws}
    \fontspec[AssortedTibetanFeatures]{Tibetan Machine Uni}

(I hope that works, I haven't done too much testing with this command
and I don't know if other people are actually using it!)

I have only explicitly coded in a small subset of the unicode features,
primarily because I've never worked with scripts other than Roman. So
I'm not too sure what it all means :(

Also, OpenType features are a bit of a mess it seems to be -- it seems
to me that there's just heaps and heaps of them without any sort of
defined grouping (correct me if I'm wrong!).

However, I should go through and get nice names for the "script"
feature -- do you happen to have a link to somewhere that documents
these? It would be nice to say
    \fontspec[Script=Tibetan]{Tibetan Machine Uni}

Cheers,
Will