[XeTeX] Tibetan fonts and XeTex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Feb 24 12:08:35 CET 2005

On 24 Feb 2005, at 10:41 am, Yves Codet wrote:

> If you typeset the attached test file you'll notice that superscripts
> and subscripts aren't correctly shaped nor placed, though it uses an
> AAT font (STFangsong). Curiously the display in TeXShop is almost
> perfect: only superscript "ra" is wrong. Does TeXShop use another (and
> better) font? I was unable to check that.

I took a look at the "Tibetan Machine Uni" font that I was able to
locate with Google, and it seems that this will do a reasonable job if
loaded in XeTeX with the appropriate features explicitly selected:

\font\tibfont="Tibetan Machine Uni:script=tibt;+abvs;+blws" at 12pt

(Not sure if it's possible to set arbitrary features like this through
the fontspec package. Will?)

See the attached version of your test file. (Note that I also adjusted
the line spacing, as by default the lines were very widely spaced.)