[XeTeX] Tibetan fonts and XeTex

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Feb 24 11:41:19 CET 2005

Le 24 févr. 05, à 10:43, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

Hello.

> An AAT font *ought* to work, however, as the AAT architecture doesn't
> require any script-specific knowledge in the application; the behavior
> is all defined by the font tables. So I would have expected XenoType's
> AAT font to work, but apparently that's not the case. I don't have a
> copy of this font myself, however, so it's difficult to investigate
> further--sorry! I'll see if I can find out anything more.

If you typeset the attached test file you'll notice that superscripts
and subscripts aren't correctly shaped nor placed, though it uses an
AAT font (STFangsong). Curiously the display in TeXShop is almost
perfect: only superscript "ra" is wrong. Does TeXShop use another (and
better) font? I was unable to check that.

Kind regards,

Yves