[XeTeX] Tibetan fonts and XeTex

Daniel Muller opus.dev at bluewin.ch
Thu Feb 24 09:34:04 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to produce PDF file of Tibetan text with XeTex 0.8.

There is a Tibetan Language Kit made by XenoType with a AAT font but
the stacked characters are not rendered correctly in XeTex's PDF file.

I tried OpenType fonts: with Tibetan Machine Uni (OpenType) the
results are similar than XenotType (and the r on top like ref in
Sanskrit is rendered as normal ra). With "TCRC Youtso Unicode"
(OpenType) the stacked characters are rendered correctly but they are
squeezed.

Any idea how to use Tibetan fonts and XeTex?

Thanks,
Daniel