[XeTeX] Making a .fmt file using XeTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Feb 20 22:18:49 CET 2005

On 19 Feb 2005, at 9:17 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> Well, that is the interesting thing -- I did have %&encoding=utf-8 at
> the top of the file and it didn't seem to do anything. I took the
> extra step in TeXShop of a 'Save As' making sure that the encoding was
> utf-8. Still no luck.

After looking at the encoding options in TeXShop, I think the correct
incantation to include in the file is
	%&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode
rather than just
	%&encoding=utf-8

Don't know if it's case sensitive, but that's the name used in the
Preferences dialog, and I believe the %&encoding line is supposed to
use those same names. So that might be why it didn't seem to work.