[XeTeX] fontspec in TUGboat

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 16 13:26:02 CET 2005

Am 16.12.2005 um 08:44 schrieb Will Robertson:

>   <http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/tugboat-fontspec.pdf>

I wonder how much time the TeX code for fontspec 1.9 consumes at this
mature state ... What is the minimum number of GHz?

On the first page you write Postscript. I think the proper name is
still PostScript.

You don't mention how long or far \addfontfeatures last. Are they
automatically switched off when you change for example from roman face
to sans serif? Or are they added at once to all fonts as defined in the
preamble?

In section 5.2 the second sentence should start with 'They.' And: do
you really mean 'non-Western?' I know of ligatures only in Latin,
Greek, Cyrillic, and Arabic scripts ... in contrast to CJK.

Second paragraph of section 5.3 wants 'once' instead of 'one', near
footnote #7. With former discussion of \newfontinstance you probably
mean your earlier article?

First paragraph of section 5.6 needs 'capabilities' instead of the
ancient people of 'capabilites.'

Is the first sentence of section 6.2 correct English?

Making a record in the log of the available features of a selected font
is a splendid idea!

Which TeX format did you choose to write the article? How can the
article be integrated into TUGboat? Including micro-typographic
features too ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

This is a signature virus.  Add me to your signature and help me to
live!