[XeTeX] table* environment does not respect font color

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Dec 12 10:52:04 CET 2005

Le 11 déc. 05 à 23:38, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 11 Dec 2005, at 6:29 pm, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:
>
>> Following up from my previous post, if I place my 'tabular'
>> environment inside, say, 'center' instead of 'table*' then everything
>> is as it should be, so it seems to be the table* environment.
>
> OK, so it sounds as though the "table*" environment must be
> specifying the color itself.

Looking at the definition of table and table* in /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/article.cls, it seems the only
difference is that table uses \@float (for single-column pages) and
table* uses \@dblfloat (for two-column pages). \@float and \@dblfloat
are defined in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/base/
latex.ltx, where they seem to use fairly low-level LaTeX page-layout
code; both rely eventually on \@xfloat, but \@float calls it directly
while \@dblfloat mixes it with page-dimension setting code. I imagine
some of these page-setting instructions break the scope of the color
declarations. But it's beyond my LaTeX skills to determine exactly
what's going on.

Bruno