[XeTeX] table* environment does not respect font color

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 11 23:38:01 CET 2005

On 11 Dec 2005, at 6:29 pm, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill wrote:

> Following up from my previous post, if I place my 'tabular'
> environment inside, say, 'center' instead of 'table*' then everything
> is as it should be, so it seems to be the table* environment.

OK, so it sounds as though the "table*" environment must be
specifying the color itself. Colors specified as part of a font
definition can be overridden by the use of \special{} commands that
explicitly set the color (either XeTeX's original "x:textcolor" or
the "color" specials from dvips/dvipdfm/etc that xdv2pdf also
recognizes), and I would guess that "table*" is doing something like
this, probably through the "color" package. Maybe one of the LaTeX
experts around could confirm this?