[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.99 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Dec 8 19:12:46 CET 2005

On 8 Dec 2005, at 4:32 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> On Thursday, December 08, 2005, at 11:15AM, Jonathan Kew
> <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
>
>> On 8 Dec 2005, at 4:04 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the :vertical option for
>>> Chinese (etc) fonts is broken in version 0.99. At any rate, I was
>>> unable to get it to work -- all the the Chinese text is horizontal.
>>> Alas.
>>
>> It seems to work for me.... just re-ran the "ThreeKingdoms" sample
>> that I posted a while back.
>
> I just did the same and it is coming out horizontally. This is
> curious because I just installed .99 on my computer just a feww
> moments ago. I started the day out with .98 and everything was fine.

May I ask what OS version you're running, by the way? I've
experimented a little more, and seem to get different behavior on
different machines; I suspect Apple may have rev'd the fonts at some
point, affecting how XeTeX loads them by default.

However, using the /AAT qualifier on the font names *should* work to
ensure that they're used in ATSUI mode and the 'vertical' attribute
then works. Please let me know whether this works for you.

Thanks,