[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.99 released

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Wed Dec 7 12:00:00 CET 2005

On 07.12.2005, at 11:41, Will Robertson wrote:

>>> What do you use?
>>
>> ClamXav: http://www.clamXav.com. Without GUI available in Fink or
>> darwinports too.
>
> Call me old-fashioned or (anti-paranoid?), but I don't really see
> the point of anti-virus software on a Mac. I feel that my 867 MHz
> Powerbook is sluggish enough already to have every email and file
> background-checked as it enters my computer. Any virus that is
> released I'll hear about in the same time frame that anti-virus
> software is updated to catch it.

I completely agree, the only way I'd use this is in connection with
my AppleScript checking incoming emails, just to make sure they don't
get redistributed.
I personally didn't have any positives so far, probably because my
POP account is scanned on the server already, but I'm glad I have it
installed on some people's machines who would otherwise call 5 times
a day to ask what they should do with this email from somebody they
never heard of...

Bernhard