[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.99 released

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Dec 7 11:49:42 CET 2005

On 07/12/2005, at 21:00 , Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 07.12.2005 um 02:00 schrieb Adam Twardoch:
>
>> Linotype FontExplorer X for Mac OS X: http://www.fontexplorer.net/
>
> No, I wouldn't recommend it! It has definitely other ideas about
> font management than I have. Some ideas are nice (it seemed to have
> 'compacted' TrueType font families in .dfont files), others are as
> malicious as MS ware.

Can you give examples?
I've run into no real troubles so far. I would expect it to be a
little weird moving all my fonts around -- how else would it activate/
remove them?

The only problem I see is that you still need to use Font Book to
create collections in the Cocoa Font Panel.

The font store is an extremely nice way to preview commercial fonts,
as a bonus. I can see their motivation for making the app, now.

> At least I think you should first archive your Fonts directories
> before you install Linotype FontExplorer. And you should try it in
> a newly and for this only created account first.

Too late :)

Will