[XeTeX] substitution of font family

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Aug 15 13:14:58 CEST 2005

Hello.

I asked Sebastian Rahtz to adapt his TEI XML stylesheets so that their
output can be used by XeTeX. He kindly accepted and we're almost done.
There's still a problem to solve. He used sans-serif for titles, for
instance:

\renewcommand\section{\@startsection {section}{1}{\z@}%
      {-1.75ex \@plus -0.5ex \@minus -.2ex}%
      {0.5ex \@plus .2ex}%
      {\reset at font\large\bfseries\sffamily}}

I would like to typeset XML files, converted to LaTeX, using "Sanskrit
2003" which is, as far as Latin script is concerned, a serif font. Most
of the text is in Devanagari but a few titles are in transliteration.
Since those titles are defined as above, XeTeX doesn't use "Sanskrit
2003" for them and so some glyphs are missing. Is there a (simple) way
to override that \sffamily command and to say "use for everything the
font called by \setromanfont even if it's no sans-serif font"?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Yves