[XeTeX] Alternative to tree-dvips?

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Mon Apr 11 23:45:46 CEST 2005

På 11. apr. 2005 kl. 07.47 skrev Jonathan Kew:

> On 11 Apr 2005, at 12:28 am, Herb Schulz wrote:
>
>> Interestingly, pdftricks along with pstricks works fine in XeLaTeX
>> with one
>> caveat. I've just run a simple document through it and all went well.
>>
>> The pdftricks package stores all of the pstricks information for the
>> pstricks pictures in separate files which are then processed through
>> latex->dvips->ps3pdf->pdfcrop (at least in the adapted version I have
>> been
>> using) or some other line of commands that lead to a pdf version of
>> the
>> figure with the correct Bounding Box. It then uses the graphicx
>> package to
>> simply include the graphic.
>
> Yes, that sounds familiar; I think it's been discussed on the list
> previously, hasn't it.
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding the need and/or how the various packages
> relate to one another, however, I don't think this will help the OP
> with his specific issue, which looked like it involved drawing an
> arrow from one arbitrary point in the typeset text to another, rather
> than constructing a self-contained figure.
>
> But if {ps|pdf}tricks can provide what he needs, that'd be great. I'll
> be the first to admit that I know very little about the capabilities
> of these various packages.
>
> JK
Thank you for your help and attention.

The (primitive) solution I have settled at for the time being is to
write my sentence including the arrows created with tree-dvips in
regular latex with Tex and Ghostscript in stead of pdftex. The
resulting pdf-file I convert to jpeg and include in my xetex document.

Jonas W.