[XeTeX] Alternative to tree-dvips?

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 11 00:36:31 CEST 2005

On 4/10/05 5:05 PM, "Jonas Wellendorf" <Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no> wrote:

> Tree-dvips is incompatible with pdftex, so I am looking for an
> alternative I can use with xetex.  The document I am typesetting
> requires me to draw arrows such as this one:
>
> I would like to have an arrow from here to here
>         ^
>
> |______|
>

> Thank you,
> Jonas W.

Howdy,

I don't know if I'm barking up the wrong tree but...

1)Unless you're in need of the ``margin kearning'' and/or ``font expansion''
you might just want to use the latex+ghostscript path to a pdf file.

2)You should be able to use pdftricks along with pstricks, pst-node and
pst-tree packages. I'm much less sure of this alternative.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)