[XeTeX] New installer (0.87c) posted

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Sep 24 12:30:57 CEST 2004

Le 24 sept. 04, à 12:00, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> Another new version of the installer is available!
> I believe I've finally built the package right, with the correct 
> versions of things, so that the dependency on Compress::Zlib is 
> removed and the hyperref stuff has a chance of working for people who 
> haven't added Perl modules to the default OS X installation.
> This should fix the failure you reported, Bruno.

Hi Jonathan,

I've installed the new version, but I think something's wrong with 
XeTeX.pkg (this is the installer I've used so far). First, after 
installing, I still got the same:

[52] [53] [54] [55] [56] (./Specifs-web-utf8.aux)Can't locate 
Compress/Zlib.pm in @INC (@INC contains: 
/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.1 
/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level 
/Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1 /Network/Library/Perl .) at 
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/xetex/perl/lib/PDF/Reuse.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at 
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/xetex/perl/lib/PDF/Reuse.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at 
line 14.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at 
line 14.
*** failed to run xdv2pdf_mergemarks: status = 512

Looking at Archive.pax in XeTeX.pkg it sure did contain the line:

	#use Compress::Zlib qw(compress inflateInit);

However the file 
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/xetex/perl/lib/PDF/Reuse.pm was 
still that from 14 September, which contains:

	use Compress::Zlib qw(compress inflateInit);

I did the install several times to no avail. Then I erased Reuse.pm, 
re-ran the installer (several times) and noticed this file wasn't put 
back in place by the install (it was kept missing). Then I suppressed 
the whole directory /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/xetex/ (after 
being asked for administrator authentication, which hadn't been the 
case for Reuse.pm), re-ran the installer and now I've got a complete 
directory in place with Reuse.pm from 23 September, and I get:

[52] [53] [54] [55] [56] (./Specifs-web-utf8.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on Specifs-web-utf8.pdf (60 pages).
Transcript written on Specifs-web-utf8.log.


The resulting PDF file does not display the links properly, but I 
believe it to be caused by the many customizations and redefinitions 
I'd done (colored underlined links, and much more), and in any case 
when I click on these links in Adobe Reader these work perfectly as 


More information about the XeTeX mailing list