[XeTeX] Typographic consistency (was: CJK and ideographic font names)

Ross Moore ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Thu Sep 16 01:26:33 CEST 2004

On 16/09/2004, at 9:01 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2004, at 11:32 pm, Ross Moore wrote:
>
>> In fact "Hoefler Text" seems to have *only* oldstyle numerals,
>
> The version I have offers both regular and oldstyle, with the feature
> named "Number Case". The setting name for non-oldstyle varies
> depending on the specific face--Regular requires "Number Case=Upper
> Case Numbers", while Italic wants "Number Case=Uppercase Numbers"!

Aaah! and   Hoefler Text Black  is different again!
It uses:   "Numbercase=Lowercase Numbers"  or  "Numbercase=Dipthong
Ligatures"
                   ^--- no space

Grrrr.

Thanks for the tip.
I'd assumed that they would be similar to Regular.

>> Also, there should be a way to get rid of that  /o problem,
>> using a font specification. But I cannot find the right one.
>
> That one has me puzzled, for now....the "/o" ligature forms in XeTeX,
> but not in TextEdit, and I can't see how to control it. Ugh. I suspect
> it's an AAT table bug of some kind (the feature/selector names are all
> a bit of a mess), but tracking it down is going to be painful.

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114