[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.85 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Sep 3 19:12:18 CEST 2004

On 3 Sep 2004, at 5:37 pm, Robert Voogdgeert wrote:

> Op 3-sep-04 om 17:15 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:
>
>> After the summer lull, a new build of XeTeX is now available: version
>> 0.85.
>
> Jonathan,
>

> Just downloaded the package. Do the differences show in the Sample
> files using Arabic?

No, I don't believe you should see any differences there.

The OpenType Arabic enhancements relate to "extended" Arabic characters
added since Unicode 2.0; some examples include the SUBSCRIPT ALEF mark,
the DOTLESS BEH and DOTLESS QAF letters, the "honorific" marks at
U+0610..0614 or thereabouts, and others. Most would be used rarely if
at all in everyday Arabic; they're for specialized/historical use or
for other languages that use extended forms of the Arabic script.