[XeTeX] Small update to adobetypeclassics

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Thu Oct 28 15:30:12 CEST 2004

Stemple Garamond is not part of the Adobe Type Classics, and the
version of Garamond that is included is not as complete as it could be.

Glad you enjoy the package.

On Oct 28, 2004, at 8:25 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

>> I have updated the font definitions to use the tex-text mapping. I
>> don't know why I didn't do this in the first place. Anyway, that is
>> the
>> only change. The package is still at
>> <http://jbreitenbuch.wooster.edu/~jonb/adobetypeclassics.zip>.
>
> Great, with tex-text mapping enabled, I'm almost ready to completely
> move over to XeLaTeX.
>
>> Keep an eye out for updates in the future. William Adams is working on
>> an improvement of the Adobe Garamond support to post to the list.
>> After
>> that I will probably update the remaining fonts. On a related note,
>> are
>> there any fonts in the Adobe Type Classics collection that people
>> would
>> like to have added to my set up? I would eventually like to have
>> support for all of them, but this may come for free with Will
>> Robertson's work on fontspec.
>
> Is Stempel Garamond part of the Adobe Type Classics Collection? It's
> my favoured font. For the time being I just
> adapted your fd file for Adobe Garamond Pro.
>
> Thanks for your great work.
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Simon Spiegel
> Mutschellenstr. 97
> 8038 Zürich
>
> +41 1 481 48 52
>
> http://www.simifilm.ch

_____________________________________
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
(Albert Einstein)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University