[XeTeX] numbering of chapters and sections...

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Oct 25 17:19:16 CEST 2004

On 25 Oct 2004, at 3:16 pm, Dalyoung wrote:

> I checked the output of the TeX file.
> The numbers are appeared in the text and also in the \item
> enumerations.

This suggests that the font you're using does support the digits that
LaTeX is generating, otherwise numbering of {enumeration} items
wouldn't work....

> But there is no numbers in \section and \subsection.

....and therefore I wonder if you're loading a LaTeX package/class that
affects section numbering somehow. A simple test using an Apple Korean
font worked fine for me.

Perhaps you could send a small LaTeX source file that demonstrates the
issue. Or try to simplify your test by elimination optional packages
until you work out what is causing the problem.

Jonathan