[XeTeX] Adobe Type Classics fd files

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Sat Oct 16 02:41:04 CEST 2004

On Oct 15, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Jan Eden wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> Jon Breitenbucher wrote on 13.10.2004:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I have cleaned up and updated the fd files for the more useful fonts
>> in
>> the Adobe Type Classics collection they can be accessed at
>> <http://jbreitenbuch.wooster.edu/~jonb/adobetypeclassics.zip>. I know
>> that some of the features of XeTeX have made some of these files
>> unnecessary, but there are many fonts which have a huge number of
>> features that the fd files allow you to access. Enjoy.
>
> I do. Thank you. But I always get the following error after placing
> adobetypeclassics along with osxenc.def in my ~/texmf/tex/xetex dir:
>
> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OSX/cmr/m/n' undefined
> (Font)              using `OSX/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 95.
>
> ! Corrupted NFSS tables.
> wrong at fontshape ...message {Corrupted NFSS tables}
>                                                   error at fontshape else
> let f...
> l.95 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> - Jan

>> A linguist would be shocked to learn that if a set is not closed this
>> does not mean that it is open, or again that "E is dense in E" does
>> not
>> mean the same thing as "E is dense in itself".  (J. E. Littlewood)
>
>  Some linguists are just mathematicians in disguise. ;-)
>
> "E is dense in E" constitutes a violation of binding principle C if
> and only if variable E refers to the same entity in both cases.
>
> In the second sentence, the anaphor "itself" has to be bound according
> to binding principle A.
>
> Nothing shocking here, not even for a linguist.
> --
> How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
> None. They just redefine "dark" as the new standard.

Jan,

Does the document still typeset with the correct font? Can you send me,
off list, a copy of a file which produces the error? It seems like you
do not have the cm fd files which Will created. Have you downloaded the
newly named typespec package Will created? It can be found at
<http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/> and I think it includes
osxcmr.fd, which is what I think you are missing.

And if you liked the last signature, how about this one?
_____________________________________
Besides being a true statement, what is the following:

Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one?

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
308 E. University