[XeTeX] including pictures

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Oct 14 08:59:43 CEST 2004

Le 14 oct. 04, à 08:44, Dalyoung a écrit :

> I  tried to include graphic file(pdf mode) under the XeLaTeX. But I
> got an error although It worked well in the LaTeX well..
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in monster.pdf (no
> BoundingBox)

Did you specify the option [xetex] to the graphics (or graphicx)
package. Namely

\usepackage[xetex]{graphics}

EPS files can't work in XeTeX. \XeTeXpicfile will give poor resolution
output for a PDF file; use \XeTeXpdffile instead, as in

\XeTeXpdffile "monster.pdf" width 3cm

For additional details, you can look at the file XeTeX-notes.tex in the
folder "XeTeX samples" (being an additional archive to download
separately from XeTeX's site), and in the example files in this folder.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin