[XeTeX] Still problems with 0.88

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 13 21:18:04 CEST 2004

On 13 Oct 2004, at 8:02 pm, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> Ok, I did the radical and deleted about every file which had xetex in
> its name. I then did a re-install of XeTeX (after deleting the
> .pkg-file). After the installation I ran sudo fmtutil --byfmt xelatex.
> I didn't get an error this time, but it still doesn't compile, I get
> the same error when trying to compile something with XeTeX/XeLaTeX.
> Normal TeX/LaTeX is no problem.
>
> Here is what I get with sudo fmtutil --byfmt xelatex:
>
> running `xetex -ini   -jobname=xelatex -progname=xelatex *xelatex.ini'
> This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.88 (Web2C 7.5.2) (INITEX)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> entering extended mode
[lots of stuff cut...]
> Beginning to dump on file xelatex.xfmt
>  (format=xelatex 2004.10.13)
[more cut...]
> fmtutil: /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/xelatex.xfmt
> installed.

Looks like the format creation is now working (so it's no longer
finding an old xetex.pool). So what error are you now getting when you
try to compile a document? If you're still getting "Fatal format file
error", then you must still have an old xelatex.xfmt lurking somewhere
(probably in your personal texmf tree), and that's being found before
the newly-created one.

Jonathan