[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.88 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 13 10:04:54 CEST 2004

On 13 Oct 2004, at 8:46 am, Otared Kavian wrote:

> At 23:38 +0200 12/10/04, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>> Le 12 oct. 04, à 17:19, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>>
>>> I've posted a new version of XeTeX for people to try: there's an
>>> Apple Installer package on the XeTeX site at
>>>
>>> 	http://scripts.sil.org/xetex
>>>
>>> and also an i-Installer package.
>>
>> Can't install using Apple's Installer. What I get:
>>

> Hi all,
>
> When I tried to update from XeTeX-0.871 to version 0.88 I had the same
> problem as mentioned by Bruno Voisin and others, but after downloading
> again the XeTeX_088.dmg file I could install the new version.
> However, it seems that the issue with \write18 is not fixed and I
> can't access the file .sty where commands such as
> \NewLaTeXOSXFontFamily or
> \NewOSXFontFamily would be defined.

A command \NewOSXFontFamily is defined in a sample file "osxfonts.sty"
that is in the Sample Files archive. The XeTeX installer doesn't
automatically install this into your LaTeX tree as I don't consider it
to be a definitive version of how things should be done; it's a
starting point for people like Bruno, Ross, Will, Jon, etc., who are
working on XeLaTeX font support packages.

\write18 should be working (at least, some people have confirmed
success with it); remember that you need to specify the -shell-escape
option to xetex in order to activate it, as it's disabled (for
security) by default. Your .log file should indicate whether the
system() call was executed or not.

HTH,

Jonathan