[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.88 released

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Oct 13 04:36:57 CEST 2004

On 13 Oct 2004, at 12:49 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> • enhanced \font command to recognize /B /I /BI modifiers after the
> font name
>   - see LaTeX-font-access.ltx and osxfonts.sty in the Sample Files
> archive

Amazing.
 From this point in time, .fd files no longer need to be written for all
basic fonts.
I'm (slowly) working on a solution to being able to incorporate and
switch between other fancy things (upper and lower case, monospaced and
proportional numbers, superiors and inferiors, etc as well as swashes
and alternates) as well, but nothing at all working robustly yet.

Jonathan, you've preempted my first milestone :)

Many thanks,
Will