[XeTeX] Some problems with hyphenation and -recorder options

Gilles Pérez-Lambert gilles.perez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:40:23 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:42:55 +0100, Jonathan Kew <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
> This still means there's a bug; but the bug I'm seeing isn't the same
> as the bug you're seeing! I wonder why....something about your LaTeX
> language settings that alter hyphenation behavior, perhaps? Any ideas?

None so far. I reduced the language hyph. patterns to English. You'll
find in my iDisk public folder (gpl) the following files:

Hyphen.aux
Hyphen.fls
Hyphen.log
Hyphen.pdf
Hyphen.tex

I used the -recorder web2c option + latex \listfiles for you to
compare with your system. Strange.

One thing: I use TeX Live 2003.

> > The point with the -recorder option is that it doesn't record the
> > fonts used (.otf or AAT ones, the real font path with font names):
> > would it be possible for xdv2pdf to add some info at the end of this
> > file when converting?
>
> Good suggestion; I'll look into this.

Thanks.

gpl