[XeTeX] OpenType features

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Oct 11 17:06:28 CEST 2004

On 11 Oct 2004, at 11:20 am, Yves Codet wrote:

> Hello Jonathan.
>
> Here is more about misplaced superscripts with "Sanskrit 2003". I
> tried it a little more and I noticed that there are other cases where
> superscripts are dragged to the right (not only with "ja"). For
> instance:
>
> <test.pdf>
>
> should be:
>
> मेघैः संछन्नम् ।
> Could you find out if it comes from the font? It would be nice to be
> able to use it. I wouldn't say it looks good, but it has more
> ligatures than "Devanagari MT".

It turns out that the font does have some less-than-ideal adjustment
instructions in the OpenType tables; some irregularity can be seen at
certain sizes on Windows. But there was a specific bug in the ICU
library that caused this drastic misplacement of the marks; I've just
fixed it, so it'll be correct in the next release (shortly).

Thanks for the report; that was a strange one. (If you try other point
sizes, you'll find that the problem occurred only with certain glyphs
at particular point sizes...but different sizes for different
characters!)

Jonathan