[XeTeX] "Hoefler Text" XeLaTeX interface

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Oct 5 09:24:29 CEST 2004

On 5 Oct 2004, at 4:45 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> One thing you might want to check (I'm not sure, offhand) is whether
> repeated use of this macro, even when accessing the same feature, will
> consume some limited TeX resource, such as font numbers or whatever.
> It might be necessary to make it "cache" the \font definitions it
> creates, and re-use them when the same combination of features comes
> up again.

Ah. This is quickly leading into territory which I'd love to explore
(i.e., proper TeX programming) but I'm scared of my time commitments.

We'll see. For now, I might quickly put together the fd files by hand -
and I'll be somewhat more tardy looking at auto-generating these
things.

Hmmm, I would like to be able to \xetexfontchange for upper/lowercase
numbers though...oh well. It'll all be the same to the user.

Will