[XeTeX] I have broken XeTeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Oct 3 19:51:27 CEST 2004

On 4 Oct 2004, at 3:14 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Have you tried clearing out fonts from your Classic system's Fonts
> folder, as well as your OS X Library/Fonts and ~/Library/Fonts
> folders? Remember that fonts installed in Classic are also visible to
> OS X applications. A bad font is the most likely cause I can think of
> for a crash like this, especially in view of the fact that it runs OK
> for a new user (who wouldn't initially have a Classic system folder
> configured, I presume).

I would have thought that Classic fonts and mostly certainly
/Library/Fonts would apply to all users, so I only had to look in
~/Library/Fonts/ and yes, turns out it was the Euler fonts I converted
quickly-and-nastily using fontforge.

Thanks for the tips, I've really got to learn how to interpret crash
logs one of these days.

Will