[XeTeX] OpenType features

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Oct 1 19:18:01 CEST 2004

On 1 Oct 2004, at 6:12 pm, Yves Codet wrote:

> Thanks to both.
>
> I get a strange result with "Sanskrit 2003" and XeLaTeX: in this
> example the last "udatta" is after the danda, and it should be above
> the ja, as is shown on this picture:
>
> <rv.pdf>
>
> The three preceding ones are correctly placed though. This does not
> happen with "Devanagari MT". Would it come from the font? It would be
> too bad since it places accents vertically much more nicely than
> "Devanagari MT".

Yes, that does look strange. It might be a font error, or it might be
an error in the OpenType implementation used in XeTeX. Are you able to
test the same text, with the same font, in a current version of Windows
to see how it renders with Uniscribe? If it behaves properly there,
then it's most likely a XeTeX/ICU layout bug.