[XeTeX] XeLaTeX and jurabib

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Oct 1 18:02:27 CEST 2004

Le 1 oct. 04, à 16:53, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> has aynone been able to use jurabib with XeLaTeX? I always get the
> following errors:
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/misc/url.sty
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.41   \Url at OTnonTT
>                     % more for any but cmtt
> ?
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.42   \UrlTildeSpecial
>                        }
> ?
> ! Too many }'s.
> l.42   \UrlTildeSpecial}
>
> ?
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.50   \do
>           \젴hchar184 }}
> ?
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.50   \do\젴hchar
>                    184 }}
> ?
>
> It does compile, but it does strange things to my special characters...

I wonder why url.sty is invoked, and why the one at
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex/misc/url.sty is used.
There is an url.sty in gwTeX, at
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/misc/url.sty, and it
defines none of the commands (except \do) that appear in your error
messages. I also wonder why Chinese (or similar, I know nothing about
Asian languages) characters appear in your output. It's possible that
hyperref (and/or url) simply don't accept Unicode input.

A possibility: you may try to call hyperref.sty after url.sty, in the
form:

	\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}

It might redefine some commands used by url.sty, and pass on the option
[dvipdfm] which is required for the new hyperlinking capabilities of
XeTeX to work.

I have used myself url.sty and hyperref.sty with XeLaTeX, and didn't
experience any such failure.

HTH,

Bruno Voisin