[XeTeX] Strange Euler Script font behaviour

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 11:20:24 CET 2004

Le 19 nov. 04, à 10:39, Will Robertson a écrit :

> PS Also, I'm surprised this hasn't been noticed before since I
> -thought- people had been using Euler to blend better with other text
> fonts, e.g., Hoefler Text.

In my field, for example, the publication habits (read: the journal
requirements) are, regarding maths:

- constants (like pi, i, e and gamma, the differential operator d):
upright

- variables: italics

- vectors: bold (upright for constant vector, italicized for variable
ones)

- matrices and tensors: sans serif (upright if constant, italicized if
variable)

etc.

So you see that, alas (given the Euler fonts really look nice), they
are not always an option. And I don't feel like attempting evangelism
on these matters.

Bruno