[XeTeX] XeTeX and fonts

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu May 20 17:26:45 CEST 2004

That's OK ..... when I saw the second [actually, first] copy, I just
assumed that you wanted to emphasize the request. :-)

XeTeX uses the ATSUI TextLayout APIs to render Unicode text using
installed fonts; what happens from there on down to the glyph level is
out of my hands. Please, everyone, feel free to provide input to Apple
about this. I'll talk to my contacts there about it, but the more they
hear it from users, the better.

Jonathan