[XeTeX] Maths and Symbols in Latex

Jon Breitenbucher kahless at mac.com
Wed Jun 30 20:45:13 CEST 2004

On Jun 30, 2004, at 2:21 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I'd recommend using {\char"2022} rather than {\XeTeXglyph...} <snip>

Strange, when I do \renewcommand{\textdollar}{\char"0024} I must enter
{\textdollar}100,000 in the source or I get an error

! Bad character code (147712).
<to be read again>
                    ,
l.67 ...e ground".   Carnegie gave \textdollar 100,
                                                   000   to help rebuild
?
Mathematics is the cheapest science. Unlike physics or chemistry, it
does not require any expensive equipment. All one needs for mathematics
is a pencil and paper. (George Polyá)

Jon Breitenbucher
The College of Wooster
Wooster, Ohio 44691