[XeTeX] \pdfimage and xelatex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jun 30 13:51:22 CEST 2004

Le 30 juin 04, à 13:21, Atip Asvanund a écrit :

> Using Latex, I typlically use \pdfimage for including PDF images in my
> documents. I get an error however when using xelatex. Is there
> something
> that I need to do in order to use \pdfimage, or is there a preferred
> method for including PDF images?

\XeTeXpdffile

That's explained in XeTeX-notes.tex from the Sample files archive
available at XeTeX's download site.

But, as Will pointed out, in LaTeX the graphics or graphicx packages
are probably the simplest way forward. Make sure you specify the
[xetex] option though:

\usepackage[xetex]{graphics}

then later in your LaTeX document:

\includegraphics{filename.pdf}

For technical details, see the comments in
/Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/xetex/xetex.def

HTH,

Bruno Voisin